29 gallon stock

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

29 gallon stock

Post by Taratron »

Looks like I'll be getting an upgrade soon! Going from a 20 gallon to a 29, so I'm thinking of getting myself an angelfish.

What do you guys think of this stocksheet? The tank will be planted with vals and java moss.

1 angelfish
6-7 sparkling gouramis
1 bristlenose pleco
2 banjo cats
1 spotted raphael OR 4 brochis speldens cats
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
sjogren1
Location 1: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by sjogren1 »

Go with the Brochis. IMHO you're a bit heavily stocked.
** Roger S. **
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

Lose the one angel fish, when young they like the security of a school and adults are best paired.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Post by Taratron »

Yeah, losing the angelfish. The gouramis are pretty enough. :D

If I tossed in a few Endlers, think they'd be okay?

Mmm...can't decide between the brochis and the raphael. The tank is planted. Which cat would do less damage to my vals? :)
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
brianfl
Location 1: South Florida

Post by brianfl »

Neither should bother your plants. I have four brochis and they are among my favorites. I would tend to go with them. I also have a rafael that I like quite a bit. You will see the brochis a lot and also your tank would look pretty cool with the gouramis and the brochis kind of setting each other off. If you get the brochis make sure you either have a soft substrate or some smooth rocks for them to rest on. They really like, smooth, flat rocks.
Brian
Crazie.Eddie
Location 1: Illinois

Post by Crazie.Eddie »

I would cut down on gouramis. I think they're aggressive enough and would be more with too many in the tank.
- Ed

125 Gallon (1*L018 Gold Nugget, 1*L204 Flash, 1*L260 Queen Arabesque, 5*Discus, 5*Angels, 5*Clown loaches, 8*Harlequin Rasboras, 3*Rainbowfishes, 5*Otocinclus, 7*Cories)
20 Gallon Long (2*L046 Zebras, 1*L183 Starlight Bristlenose, 10+* Cherry shrimp, 4*Otocinclus)
20 Gallon Long (20+* Cherry shrimp, 5*Amano shrimp, 2*Bamboo shrimp)
brianfl
Location 1: South Florida

Post by brianfl »

Sparkling gouramis are generally very peaceful. I haven't seen any that are agressive or even semi agressive. Also they stay quite small.
Brian
Crazie.Eddie
Location 1: Illinois

Post by Crazie.Eddie »

Are they a dwarf species? If so, I had 2 regular dwarf gouramis in a 55 gallon tank with lots of hiding placings. Even with a tank this large, they would still find each other and fight. Are the sparkling gouramis more docile?
- Ed

125 Gallon (1*L018 Gold Nugget, 1*L204 Flash, 1*L260 Queen Arabesque, 5*Discus, 5*Angels, 5*Clown loaches, 8*Harlequin Rasboras, 3*Rainbowfishes, 5*Otocinclus, 7*Cories)
20 Gallon Long (2*L046 Zebras, 1*L183 Starlight Bristlenose, 10+* Cherry shrimp, 4*Otocinclus)
20 Gallon Long (20+* Cherry shrimp, 5*Amano shrimp, 2*Bamboo shrimp)
biomechmonster
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Chicago, IL

Post by biomechmonster »

Exchange the gouramis for a pair of apistogramma cichlids, they're gorgeous and stay small (males around 2", females smaller).

Return to “Tank Talk”