Sunshine Pleco growth rate?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Reality
Location 1: California
Interests: fish

Sunshine Pleco growth rate?

Post by Reality »

I saw some small goldies and big goldie plecs for sale and wondered how fast do they grow cause i was considering getting a small one instead of a big one.
Chrysichthys
My images: 1
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Oxford U.K.
Interests: catfish!

Post by Chrysichthys »

My guess is quite fast, because I bought one a month ago and it has a BIG appetite.
STOP AND SEARCH TO BE REPLACED WITH GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED VIOLENCE
(Daily Mash headline)
Reality
Location 1: California
Interests: fish

Post by Reality »

Cool, Do you know how much he has grown since you first had him and what's his size now?
ClayT101
Location 1: Baton Rouge, LA
Location 2: USA
Interests: Plecos, Pro Wrestling, Football (Pro & College)

Post by ClayT101 »

Chrysichthys wrote:My guess is quite fast, because I bought one a month ago and it has a BIG appetite.
What are you feeding yours? I just got one that is about 1 1/2 inches long. I think he is eating some bloodworms and some spinach, but I haven't seen him eating a lot, nor does he have a poop trail. I keep him in quarintine with a newly purchased ancistrus which eats tons of spinach. I tried cucumber as well, but he left it alone.
It's True! It's True!

Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: http://www.selas.us
Chrysichthys
My images: 1
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Oxford U.K.
Interests: catfish!

Post by Chrysichthys »

He was slow to catch onto cucumber, but he likes it now. Otherwise, he eats pretty much anything. Hard to say for sure about growth rate, because I've only had him for a month. He's probably grown about 1/2 inch in that time. He doesn't hide; he stays right out in the open. He's never heard of herons, I guess.
STOP AND SEARCH TO BE REPLACED WITH GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED VIOLENCE
(Daily Mash headline)
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

They grow FAST and get BIG! Bought one at 6 cm (2.5") exactly a year ago, and it's now easily twice that length. Stunning fish though.

Dinyar

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”