Superfish Aqua pro 4

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
StiffMeister
Location 1: North of the Netherlands
Interests: duh....

Superfish Aqua pro 4

Post by StiffMeister »

I was wondering if any of you guys has experience with this type of filter.

Superfish Aqua Pro 4

It has the following specs:

Capacity 1200 l/h.

Filtervolume 7,5 liter.

Usage 35 Watt.

Size: 50 * 23 * 23 cm.

Tbh, im an eheim fan. Always had eheim and never had any problems. But this stuff is pretty cheap and it looks a lot like this:

It doesnt have the pressure point for suckage but still, i would be saving a lot of money if i buy this superfish filter.
Any of you has it or has used it? If so, what was it like?
buzz763
Location 1: Brooklyn Center,Minnesota

Post by buzz763 »

The baskets look very cheap! Sometimes you get what you pay for. Stick with Eheim. I have 2 2028's and 3 Aquaball power heads and love them.
1 Platydoras costatus, 1 Agamyxis pectinifrons, 2 Pimelodus blochii, 1 Baryancistrus Sp.(L081) 1 Baryancistrus Sp.(L177) 2 Pangasius sutchi,8 Corydoras leopardus,4 Corydoras metae, 4 Corydoras pulcher,12 Corydoras habrosus,6 corydoras sp.cf.aeneus,4 Ancistrus sp(3),4 Parotocinclus jumbo
FrankieWilde
Location 1: Netherlands

Post by FrankieWilde »

I have these filters, they are cheap, but the capacity goes down very quickly, 1200L an hour will be 800L an hour in a couple of weeks...
Ibiza is . . .
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 28
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Post by sidguppy »

I too made the mistake of buying a couple of tiny powerheads for my fry-tanks, and a load of heaters to replace my ancient ones.

the powerheads were quite silent the first few weeks.
Now they're not so silent anymore, and NO amount of clearing the sponges or the moving parts will make them so..... :evil:

the heaters ALL produce different temperatures, despite having the same wattage, turned at the same temperature, and so in.
Highly irritating!!!

IMNSHO it's rubbish; ripe for the bin.

as Buzz so eloquently said:
Sometimes you get what you pay for
couldn't say it better myself; it's trash. cheap, they soak up twice the amount of electricity a similar sized Eheim does, noisy etcetera....

do yourself a BIG favour: stick to quality.

Although I'm Dutch myself, I have to say: Dutch industry does NOT produce anything worthwile for the aquariumhobby, especially not mechanics (internal Jewelfilter anyone? :roll: ), save from good medications, filterwool or carbon.

Stick to the German-made "grundlichkeit"; stuff like Jaeger, Eheim and the like, and you will not be disappointed. French stuff like Rena is also good.
Valar Morghulis
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

Although you're from the north of the Netherlands, it'll be very worthwhile for you to visit a German shop like Zajac in Duisburg. This place is loaded with equipment and have German prices, which means nothing more than much cheaper for better quality. I don't know their site by heart (www. zajac.de??), but Google for it and have a look.
snowball
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 47 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:5)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:16)
My Wishlist: 4
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Sydney
Location 2: Australia
Interests: Plotosidae

Post by snowball »

Another vote for eheim here. I have always used a lot of cannister filters and have found eheim to be far superior to the rest. Even the close copies like sachem & fluval that have a similar design don't come anywhere near the quality of eheim. They are simply better made and are made to last - a rarity in this day and age where electronics are intended to fail just out of warranty.

I've still got an old eheim 2017 with the split impeller shaft that must be around 20 years old or more and it is working well, with only a slight rattle from a worn impeller. The other brands have long gone.

at the end of the day you have fish depending on you to keep them alive and saving a few dollars today may well prove costly in the future.

Sera products are also good, especially their filter materials, but they don't make many actual components.

btw sid I believe jaeger heaters are either owned or made by eheim.
FrankieWilde
Location 1: Netherlands

Post by FrankieWilde »

I also have an vey old 15+ Eheim-filter and it also works great, but I only use it when I need to adjust waterparameters.
Ibiza is . . .
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

thx for the replies guys, ill be sticking with eheim indeed. I think ill go for another 2217 or maybe a 2028. i just thought: if this is around equal quality for a much lower price... im crazy not to ask other peeps experiences :D
Durlänger
Location 1: near Biel/Bienne
Location 2: helvetia

Post by Durlänger »

Another vote for eheim here.
If I know corectly they garante that you can get spare parts 10 years after buying :!: Others are not even that long in bissnes.
And yes Jäger belongs to Eheim.
Kana3
Location 1: Melbourne, Australia
Interests: Almost anything within my field of vision.

Post by Kana3 »

Another Eheim fan here. I have the 2217. I think it's nifty how Eheim offer a whole range of parts and spare's. Haven't seen that with other manufacturers.

I expect I'll probaly never get to experiance buying an Eheim spare part!
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

right, like said ill stick with eheim but still another question.
Ive been searching the web and found this little baby:

It has following specs:
· for aquaria up to 1200 ltr.
· filtervolume 25 ltr.
· pompcapacity 1700 ltr/u.
opvoer hoogte 2,80
· power usage 55 watt.
· size: 570 x 330 x 330 mm.
Man, that thing looks wicked! and it costs less than a 2128... only downside is that it has no internal heater which could safe a lot of power.

Anybody has this thing?
philtre
My images: 3
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: sg

Post by philtre »

Some information and some bits of pictures can be found here
http://www.petfrd.com/forum/showthread. ... ht=Pro+III
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

But those pictures can't be viewed unless you're a member of the petfrd forum... :-(

--
Mats
Marc van Arc
Expert

Post by Marc van Arc »

Just today one of my two Eheim 2228's decided to give up working and it looks like it can't be fixed properly. The shop I usually go to doesn't stock large Eheims, but they did have an Aqua Pro 3. Due to the fact that my tank needs 2 filterpumps, I had almost bought it if it hadn't been for this thread.
Although they were somewhat surprised that I insisted on Eheim, they ordered a new one which will be delivered at the end of next week and they lent me some materials to fix my 2228 for the time being. Now that's what I call service.
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

yes, thats good service indeed. They know too that eheim is just the nr. 1 filterproducer. Ive made up my mind and im gonna go for the Eheim pro 3 2080. Its the baddest filter around atm and thats what my bigger plecs need. I just cant think of them living in a tank with less than very good filtration.
Marc van Arc
Expert

Post by Marc van Arc »

StiffMeister wrote: Its the baddest filter around atm
I assume you mean the BEST filter.
Baddest (should be : worst) means quite the opposite :wink:
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

baddest or illest :P
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

well, the new filter came in today! Man, this thing is BIGGGG. I unpacked it and it looks great and very solid. The box comes with everything to get you started and it really has a high turnover rate. The outlet pipe is longer than with other eheims ive seen which is great! Its running just now and it creates a lot of current and oxygen so atm im a very happy fish owner!!
Kana3
Location 1: Melbourne, Australia
Interests: Almost anything within my field of vision.

Post by Kana3 »

I'd stick by Eheim anytime. But some of our local outlet's can let you down by not stocking the accessories.
In particular, some of these sponges for the Square Cannisters, you'd swear they were 'one-of-a-kind', by the scarcity of them! Perhaps a shortage at the Eheim factory?

StiffMeister wrote:only downside is that it has no internal heater
Well, think of it like this: If the unit fails, could you manage without both Heater and Filter, until you can reach a replacement?
StiffMeister

Post by StiffMeister »

ye true... about the sponges and stuff, just get other brands, you really dont need those from eheim imo!
Marc van Arc
Expert

Post by Marc van Arc »

To make up a little for a horrible holiday week, my new Eheim 2080 Pro 2 arrived today. But I don't feel like connecting it yet, perhaps tomorrow.

Return to “Tank Talk”