My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 2 September 2004

Post by Silurus »

September brings Dianema longibarbis as the featured catfish of the month â?? the article is online now. Weâ??ve relabelled the newly described species of Akysis, A. vespa and introduced some great pictures of Clarias batrachus spawning. More fry pictures and hopefully a spawning article will follow in the coming months.

Apart from a few more images, there is not much else to report this month on the catfish side of things as weâ??ve been very busy redesigning the presentation of the pages. This is to ease the way for a new navigation bar along the top of the pages. This will make the pages much faster to load and use less system resources for those of you with less than brand new computers. Youâ??ll maybe notice the front page has changed (we got rid of the scrolling that wasnâ??t too compatible with some browsers and also hogged system resource). Iâ??m about half way through changing the look and feel of the rest of the site. Broken links and missing pictures are emailed to me automagically when anyone tries to access them and Iâ??m plodding through the site restoring all these too.

Apart from improving and modernising the look and feel of the site, these changes also make our images more accessible to search engines while retaining some security over folks ripping off the images for unauthorised use on other sites. Ultimately we should also rid ourselves of frames across the whole site again making search engine access less clumsy.

Trust me, once this batch of technical improvements are out of the way weâ??ll be right back in catfish land!

Return to “Site Announcements”