Is this a emerald green cory or a bronze? Is it healthy?!

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
ermpickle
Location 1: United States
Location 2: North Carolina

Is this a emerald green cory or a bronze? Is it healthy?!

Post by ermpickle »

Hi there! This is my first post! I have 4 "emerald green cory cats" and will be getting 2 more as I just found out I need 6. I also found out there is no such thing as an emerald cory. It is this misinformation provided by my lovely local petsmart ..they also say the dwarf gourami likes to stay at the bottom of the tank.. anyhow.. I am now not sure if what I have is a brochis spenden or possibly some other catfish entirely. Also, one has a pinkish spot near its tail that looks like veins but maybe something more serious. Another one is very dark in the "lung"? area. And one looks totally healthy like all the pictures :) my water specs and temps are all fine. The tank is cycled. I have gravel and will be switching to black sand tomorrow (very excited! ) I've had these guys about a week. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to be patient and get them healthy or if they are fine and this is typical orrr if I need to take them back to the store :(
Btw they are all super active, always swimming around up and down the glass. They are more entertaining than any of my other fish!
And the lighting is making them seen redder in the pictures
Attachments
20161105_215946.jpg
20161105_215939.jpg
20161105_215738.jpg
20161105_215717.jpg
20161105_215716.jpg
Last edited by ermpickle on 06 Nov 2016, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
ermpickle

Re: Is this a emerald green cory? (Bronchis spenden)

Post by ermpickle »

Maybe this is a bronze cory? I have no idea, advice please?
backstreetgambler
I've donated: $5.00!
My cats species list: 18 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
My BLogs: 7 (i:0, p:98)
Location 2: southern Sweden

Re: Is this a emerald green cory? (Bronchis spenden)

Post by backstreetgambler »

ermpickle wrote:Maybe this is a bronze cory? I have no idea, advice please?
that is what they look like. definately not Brochis. Can't judge their health from those photos
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:38)
My aquaria list: 40 (i:17)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2674)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Is this a emerald green cory or a bronze? Is it healthy?!

Post by bekateen »

Those do resemble bronze corys, . To be fair to PetSMART, they do offer for sale too (at least in my stores), but you didn't get them.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
ermpickle

Re: Is this a emerald green cory or a bronze? Is it healthy?!

Post by ermpickle »

As soon as I saw the pictures of a bronze cory I thought that's what they are. I just can't believe Petco doesn't even know what they are selling! Thanks so much for confirming! !

Return to “What is my catfish?”