A crafty project

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
windgirl
Location 1: Canada
Interests: windsurfing, and water anything.

A crafty project

Post by windgirl »

I have a mid size aqarium (its 3 feet long, 18" high, not sure about gallons), it's all cleaned out and it's become my latest project. I have it 2/3 filled with treated (a multi-purpose clorine eater) water. I'm setting up some big rocks to make a fountain out of (using water pump) and a few to make a cave.

I also have a 4x4 model of a truck to park by the water fall above the water level and a hand crafted Fimo windsurfer floating on the surface.

But there are a few problems with my crafty project. I want to add a fish! I wasn't thinking fish when I got all this stuff ... I was thinking water fountain. So, That leads me to my next question ... how do I treat the rocks so they are safe for the fish (they were found outdoors and used with iguana ... known carriers of saminila). How do I make sure my Fimo figurine is safe for my fish? Since I decided on a Pleco (or two) to live in this home I'm making I want to make it comfortable as possible, but still have the same look I originally planed on. Any tips :?:
30G - 4 common goldies (Neil Pryde, Jimmy Lewis and the twins) and 1 common pl*co (shark)
<O)>>< Building a web site with my other tanks and more info.
mokmu
Location 1: Manila/Singapore
Interests: Fish, Food, 4x4

Post by mokmu »

Boil the rocks. Wash the figurine under running water and sun dry fully.
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

You might want to give those rocks a scrub too. I find that boiling them wouldn't get rid of the algae that are on them.
windgirl
Location 1: Canada
Interests: windsurfing, and water anything.

had to laugh

Post by windgirl »

... prehaps you fish ppl do strange fish related things a lot ... but I can just imagin one of my buddys comes over and their reaction when I'm boiling rocks on the stove. ha ha ha ... well, hey it's worth it, and it's a common sense idea that for some reason didn't occure to me! Thanks. I already scrubed em' of course, however I thought I didn't have to worry about algae with a common cat or two in the tank!? I was worried about if they's get enough to eat! I picked up on the idea of dropping in a few "little green creatures from outer space" (peas), but thats about it. I've never seen anyone feed em' 8)

Return to “Tank Talk”