ID needed (sorry no pics)

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
T
Location 1: Bonnie Scotland

ID needed (sorry no pics)

Post by T »

Hi guys!

I picked up a little pl*co today but for some reason I cant get a pic (BOTH cams are on the blink :evil: )Also the guy in the shop just said he was "one of those L numbers".

Anyhoo I'll try and describe him and get a pic asap.

He is shaped a bit like scribbles and queen arabesques.He is chocolate brown with yellow markings.They are not bands(its not a candy stripe), but more like squggles and some are broken.Its tail is also striped and looks like it could be lyre tailed(fins are a little bit nipped).It slightly resembles the hybrid that yan posted.Oh and I dont think its a pekoltia.

Sorry this is so vague :(
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Post by König Löwe »

You don't suppose it could be a well fed L-204? I read a while ago that the stripes of L-204 will turn broken if it is overfed...
T

Post by T »

I dont think so, the stripes are more "squiggly", so far the closest match I have found in the cat-elog is Chocolate Zebra Pleco, L270.
T

Post by T »

Ok guys my fish looks very much like the one on this pic but the site it came from said it was LDA 019 and there is no suck L number in the cat-elog.Any ideas???

Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

cheers
Christian
T

Post by T »

Yep thats him, thanks guys!!Any care tips?
T

Post by T »

Also is £15 a good price for them, he is in good condition apart form very slightly nipped fins(they had him in with baby severums :roll: )

Return to “What is my catfish?”