Six New Corydoras

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Six New Corydoras

Post by Coryman »

Six new Corydoras species have been described by Joachim Knaack

Zoologische Abhandlungen (Dresden)54: 55-105
Zoologische Abhandlungen ISSN 0375-5231, Dresden 08.11.2004

The new species are: -
Corydoras paucerna
Corydoras paragua
Corydoras albolineatus
Corydoras negro
Corydoras isbrueckeri
Corydoras noelkempffi

There are also another 4 species added to the list of 'C' numbers, making a total of 136.

Ian
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

The English abstract (paper is in German):

From Eastern Bolivia the taxa Corydoras paucerna sp. n., C. paragua sp. n., C. albolineatus sp. n., C. negro sp. n., C. isbrueckeri sp. n. and C. noelkempffi sp. n. are described, using morphometric features as well as their live-coloration and compared with phenotypical similar species. To limit them compared to the external image of similar taxa, further biological features were considered. We refer to a sufficient material (statistical security of the features) for an intraspecific valuation and a comparison as a phenotypus with other similar types as well as the consideration of features of the genotypus. For live maintenance we refer to sites of discovery. A proposal for the estimation of the standard length of the species of the genera Corydoras and Scleromystax is introduced. By analogy at least one specimen should be deposited in a public museum collection, besides the publication of one live-photo, if a "C-number" is to be awarded.

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”