Care and info on L-172a leporacanthicus heterodon ?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
INXS
Location 1: Litchfield, CT

Care and info on L-172a leporacanthicus heterodon ?

Post by INXS »

I noticed that there isn't much info on the species on PC so I checked on http://www.l-welse.com where there is only L-172 which is listed as ancistrinae sp.

So I have 2 questions:
#1 Why are some L-numbers listed as #a for a completly different species, ex L-010 and L-010a , L-172 and L-172a - instead of just creating a new L-number for the #a ?

#2 Pertaining to the leporacanthicus heteradon, I think I found a listing for max size at 10.3cm~4" and assuming they are similar in habit and care as other leporacanthicus species I am treating them the same (right?). I have noticed my leporacanthicus heterodon looking very thin and almost starved eventhough I have seen them consume dry food, bloodworms and zuccini - the very same diet that has my leporacanthicus galaxias and leporacanthicus joselimanus looking incredibly fat. I got them on 2 separate occasions and they reside in 2 different tanks yet they all look pretty skinny. Any tips?
Thanks

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”