updates,cat e log.royals

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
plecohead
Location 1: goldcoast,australia
Interests: plecos

updates,cat e log.royals

Post by plecohead »

hi all, noticed recently that there's been some updates on the royal panaque in the cat e log , my question is there still next to no info on the L191 is this going to happen soon ? and where would be a good place to start getting info on these? thankz to any help.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My aquaria list: 21 (i:13)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I don't know of anyone who's actually keeping them that I could pester into supplying a data submission. I would presume care is as the other Royals, but I don't know this species personally.

Jools
plecohead

Post by plecohead »

thanx jools,it would be nice to see some more info on these . and i guess i can only treat them the same as any other royal.nig.
INXS
Location 1: Litchfield, CT

Post by INXS »

I have one (I think) .
It is a wood proccessing machine. Having had it for about a year it has gotten on well with the plecos it was housed with (L-096, L-177,L-018 and I'm thinking one more?) . Now it is in with some L-200s, L-168s, L-114 and a bristlenose.
There has not been any major disputes and it's grown regularly for a pleco (slow).
I have fed a CA cichlid mix of Aquadine, HBH shrimp pellets, spirulina flake, zuccini and bloodworms which has all been consumed . There is always lots of processed wood in the tank from the driftwood.
Water is at 81 deg. PH 7.8, GH 10 and weekly 50% waterchanges. There has been no disease outbreak or problems in the tank - well an L-81 snuck out and I crushed an L-201 when doing maintenence :oops:

I think he was about 3" when I got him about a year ago and is now 5" looking like a giant tadpole.

Let me know if you need any other specifics.
plecohead

Post by plecohead »

thanx inxs, they are definately wood eating machines, i read that they are from colombia? does anyone know if this is correct and i remember an old thread here where someone stated that they might not be able to collect anymore of these due to civil war? thanx.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”