re-locating tank..

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

re-locating tank..

Post by jscoggs27 »

Hi all, I am going to relocate my clarius tank today from the garage to my study. I havnt done this before . I guess theres nothing difficult about it, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to reduce stress as much as possible (mine and the fish!) I was planning on reducing the volume in the tank untill it could be safely lifted by two people then leaving the fiish in it and slowly adding water over the next day or so, any ideas? My clarius hasnt been well and I dont want to worsen the situation but i'll be able to keep a closer eye on him now.

thanks
jason
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Depending on how much gravel you have in the tank, it may not be possible to move the fish as you describe.
You have to be careful not to place too much stress on the glass as you move the tank, and that means having as little weight as possible in it.
If you have to move the <i>Clarias</i> separately, I suggest using a plastic bag instead of a bucket. This is so it will not be able to jump out and start walking around.
jscoggs27
I've donated: $130.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Stevenage, Herts, UK

tx

Post by jscoggs27 »

thanks HH
I have removed all the water except about1" in depth. the tank is the reinforced variety and seemed to take the move ok. I am now replacing water very slowly and have managed to keep about 25%.
jason

Return to “Tank Talk”