Farlowella sp?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Farlowella sp?

Post by Taratron »

Wouldn't you know that by the time I had a fish I needed ID'd, the cursed camera breaks...

But I'll do my best with words. Was told it's a farlowella, of a sorts. 5-6 inches long, "suckermouth" obviously, sandy-tan colored with a thick spade-ish body and long narrow tail. Likes to burrow in my tank's sand substrate.

I could have sworn there was an ID post about a fish like this recently....

EDIT: AHA! I knew there was a post recently....fish looks like it's from the Hemiloricaria family/genus.....
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Post by Taratron »

Thanks, Silurus. :D Now to find out which one....gads, I hope it doesn't get larger!
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Return to “What is my catfish?”