Authorized fish collecting companies in Brazil

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Authorized fish collecting companies in Brazil

Post by König Löwe »

Yes, i know have asked about fish collecting in a thread at the old forum, but i have som new questions on the subject.

I seem to remember someone saying that there where a few companies in Brazil that are authorized to take tourists fish collecting in the brazilian amazon, and i was wondering if anyone here knows one of thes companies.
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

brazil

Post by oneoddfish »

you'r best bet would be to email or pm shane if he can't tell you nobody here can.
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Not exactly what you're looking for, but these guys do the Peruvian Amazon:
http://amazon-ecotours.com/trips/tropfish.htm
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Also look here...

Jools
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Post by König Löwe »

Thanks for both of your answers :)

I knew about Magarita tours, if i can't go to the brazilian amazon, I'll probably go with Margarita tours :)

The main reason I wan't to go to Brazil is Rio Xingu and Rio Tocantins. Nearly all my favorite Loricariids originate there, and I allso know a norwegian that has lived nine years by the Tocantins, so then I would allso have sort of an extra guide :)

Return to “Tank Talk”