Always kicked from chat room

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
Catinthehat
Location 1: Windsor,Ontario, Canada
Interests: Cory's

Always kicked from chat room

Post by Catinthehat »

All day todat i've been trying to log into the chat room but it keeps telling me i've been kicked out. I understand it has something to do with me having AOL as my service provider. I've tried shutting down my computer and then trying again but to no avail.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Les
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

If you would pm me a password for the chat, I can register your nickname, so even when we've been forced to ban someone on AOL that happens to be using the same IP range you're logged on with, you can still chat. Sorry for the inconvenience. Rusty is actively working on the script that will utilize forum registration, rather than just allow everyone in. For some reason, if you search on MSN search engines for chatrooms we come up 4th on the list. Anyone else having this problem, feel free to pm me also, and I'll get you set up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Barbie
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

How we end up that high (no. 2 of the unsponsored sites) is really something. That is definitely where all the goons are coming from.

Rusty
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Rusty wrote:How we end up that high (no. 2 of the unsponsored sites) is really something. That is definitely where all the goons are coming from.

Rusty
Stability counts for a lot more than many people think when it comes to search engine placement. Anyway, I never though I'd say it, but I wish we were less visible. Or at least the chatroom. I have added a robots.txt file and this should stop the chatroom being spidered.

Jools
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

Maybe a rewording of the text for the link to the chat room is in order? One that makes it more obvious its a Catfish chat room, not just a room for anyone and everyone to come hang out in? I realize we don't always talk about catfish in there, but it does seem to be easy to sort the people with an interest in catfish from the ones that seem to think it's their own private playground for some reason....

Barbie

Return to “All Resolved Issues”