Powerhead question

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Powerhead question

Post by SirHelm »

Well... I am sorta stuck yet again. I currently have a 100 gallon simplicty plus tenecor tank, which has a built in wet/dry filter with bio balls. It uses a Rio 400 to pull the water thru the system and returns it back to the tank. Currently it is stocked with the following:

2 Pim Bocchis
7 Danios (zebra)
2 Hoplos
6 3 lined cory cats (reticulated cats)
1 Medium common pleco

I really want another small internal filter/powerhead, as I am concerned about filtration/areation. I have tried a maxi jet 1200, a rio 400, and a penguin 1140 and I have found that they are far 2 powerful and create a large current. The above cats do not seem to like it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an interal filter/areation that would not create a large current and is relativly quiet?

Thanks

SH
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

internal filter

Post by oneoddfish »

What about a fluval #3 or fluval #4 they would clean airiate and not cause a tidal wave!
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Post by SirHelm »

LOL that is exactly what I got! However now it is in the 25 gallon tank, and I have mounted my penguin 1140 with a huge sponge filter in the 100 gallon.

The hoplos love the current!

SH
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Reducing the inlets on pheads will slow the flow with no major side effects, if the pumps are too strong.Especially were there is no direct control as with the maxijets.

Return to “Tank Talk”