Help me ID my Pleco....please!!

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
illyD
Location 1: Victoria, BC
Interests: lots o' stuff

Help me ID my Pleco....please!!

Post by illyD »

Okay, We got this aquarium and fish from my Father In Law. It came with a Glass Cat (which died during the move) and two Plecos.
Until I found this site I had know idea there was more than one species of Plecostamus.
Just yesterday one of the Plecos died, so now we are down to one.
I have a digital photo that I could email to anyone who thinks they could ID this fish.

First I will tell you a bit about it...

It is brown with orangey stripes. It is territorial/aggressive towards its own species. It is super shy and likes to hang out all day stuck to the inside of a hollow log. When we had two and they would fight the colours seemed to become more vibrant. This could be my imagination though (I swear the colours of my male long finned Rosy Barb get brighter too).
There is algae on the glass of the aquarium, but this guy doesn't seem to be interested in it, or he is too shy during the day to come out and eat.

Please email me or reply with your email address to this post and I will email tou the photo.

Thanks.

D
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

Can you not put the photo onto this site? details of how are in the FAQ.

Return to “What is my catfish?”