L129 eating my plants

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
stuby
I've donated: $25.00!
My images: 1
My cats species list: 1 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Big Rapids, MI.

Re: L129 eating my plants

Post by stuby »

Do you have any wood in the tank? L129/L340 enjoy wood more so than most Hypancistrus do...…

Take care,
Chuck
sabrinah
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 2: California

Post by sabrinah »

I've always had a lot of wood in all my tanks. Spider wood, cholla, and I can't remember what the other kind is. Catappa leaves are always in there and I'm getting in to botanicals, so I'm slowly adding in seed pods, tree bark, and various stems. I put a sterculia pod in that acts as an edible cave and I'll probably order another pack of them. I'm also thinking of replacing a cave he doesn't use often with a Sri Lankan mahogany bark tube or a catappa bark tube so he can eat where he sleeps.
sabrinah

Post by sabrinah »

Now I remember why I don't like this other store. The employees completely ignore you because they're too busy on their phones and all the tanks have fish that are gasping at the surface and/or dead.

They only had clown plecos and ancistrus.
sabrinah

Post by sabrinah »

I got the call from the store that they got L129 in! The employee could only see one though so I had him put it on hold for me until I can pick it up on Monday. Crossing my fingers that it's a female!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”