Juruense catfish compatibility

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
swedishchef
Location 1: Lincoln Park
Location 2: Michigan

Juruense catfish compatibility

Post by swedishchef »

Hello, this is my first post here on Planet Catfish! Woot! Glad to be here! Greetings fellow cat keeperz!

I picked up a Juruense Cat a few weeks back, and I was wondering if anyone here keeps a Juruense / Tigrinus with larger plecos?

The Juruense is still small, but getting bigger.. The other tank mates include three small datnoids, a Giraffe Nose Catfish, and an albino bichir. I think I may already know the answer to this question, I don't see any plecos kept with these type of cats on youtube, and I seem to remember pulling a dead pleco out of a tank with a TSN many years ago.

Thank you in advance for any input you have regarding housing Juruense.
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: Juruense catfish compatibility

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Welcome to the Planet!

It depends on details (fish sizes, aggressiveness of your pleco sp, tank size) but in general I don't see a reason against combining jurs/tigs and plecos.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Redtailrob
My cats species list: 48 (i:20, k:11)
Spotted: 42
Location 1: Hertfordshire
Location 2: England
Interests: Rare Catfish, P Bass, Predatory Fish, Sport Mad, Boxing, Thai Boxing, Weight Lifting, Nutrition, Fishing, Oceanography, sharks, Natural world, Travel, Culture, Good coffee, Good wine, Foodie

Re: Juruense catfish compatibility

Post by Redtailrob »

Again depending on size of tank there should be no issue other than the occasional territorial spate keeping Jurense with Plecos. (provided the pleco's are too small to be eaten!)

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”