New Fry- Maybe L236

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

New Fry- Maybe L236

Post by TwoTankAmin »

About 18 months ago Jools started a thread about his L173 he got in Finland. These fish originated with Glaser and came to Jools through another member here, HaakonH. He mentioned that at the same time Jools as well as Eric B. from the states bought both the 173 and the 236 from him. In the summer of 2012 I purchased some fry from those L236 from Eric B.

About 30 minutes ago I was cleaning the tank for these fish when out swam a fry. I also have the so called L173b from Glaser and have 4 fry from them growing out in a trap.

Yes I am aware of all the controversy surrounding both of these fish. I am not arguing what their true identity may be. I bought the fish as what they were called and that they now have both spawned for me is all I can state for sure. I leave the intricacies of deciding what species or hybrids these may be. I am just happy to have the fry from both.

This means I have now gotten fry from every pleco species I have kept :d
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Matt30
I've donated: $50.00!
My cats species list: 9 (i:9, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My BLogs: 3 (i:8, p:100)
Location 2: England. Surrey ,Caterham

Re: New Fry- Maybe L236

Post by Matt30 »

Congratulations mate, keep us updated
"Justice is coming to all of us no matter what we do"-WATCHMEN
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Re: New Fry- Maybe L236

Post by Barbie »

Congratulations TTA :). I'm considering bringing home some L173b from Jools group, and I'll have some from Dale, I think, also. It will be interesting to see what results and fry everyone has from groups that all originated the same place.

Barbie

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”