Belly looks large on my L46

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
mpfsr
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ohio

Belly looks large on my L46

Post by mpfsr »

This is my first time keeping these I have had them for about 4 months. I do 30-50% water changes 2 times a week with 50% RO water. They are in a 90g tank with some guppy's and RCS. I'm very diligent about my water with all my fish so when I noticed this one with a big belly It was not normal. The color looks good to me. She (I assume) always comes out and watches me as I do my morning feedings. I was told they were 1.5 years old when I got them about 3 inches on the biggest of 4 total. This was just after the end of my feeding when I normally go check on them. I don't remember if she had the belly before but was only 20-30 mins after the feeding. There food is a made food I got with the fish from Kevin K. So I know its good food. When I look at the others 3 of the 4. 3 have a slightly large belly. The other never comes out where I can get a good look at it. I can see it just always dug into the rocks/caves.
Just want to make sure from some exp. people if they look normal and healthy. there is no damage to any of them I can see. Nitrates never get to 10. temp 84 TDS 85 GH 6 PH 7.1-7.2.
Attachments
ph1oto.JPG
krazyGeoff
I've donated: $110.00!
My articles: 2
My images: 12
My cats species list: 27 (i:1, k:2)
My aquaria list: 16 (i:8)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:410)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Woodville
Location 2: New Zealand
Interests: Fish and Cats

Re: Belly looks large on my L46

Post by krazyGeoff »

Hi,
It's a bit hard to tell with the photo, but she could be gravid (have eggs) and then after food looks fuller due to the eggs taking up space?

Just a thought?

Cheers
mpfsr
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ohio

Re: Belly looks large on my L46

Post by mpfsr »

Thank you for the input. That would be nice if she was gravid. I was thinking to young yet to be gravid but they are aquarium born fish . They all seem normal as I have been checking on them hourly just to be safe.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”