Evil Bumblebee catfish

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
LostFisher

Evil Bumblebee catfish

Post by LostFisher »

I have a bumblebee catfish that I believe is attacking my fish durning the night. In 2 days time I have lost 1 betta and 1 guppy. Do you think it is possible he is attacking my other fish durning the night.

I removed him last night after the guppy died, I am afraid to put him back in and I am thinking I should just return him and get some small corys or somthing. Everywhere I have posted so far says Asian Bumblebees are not aggresive, well I must have a oddball because I am pretty sure he is wacking off my fish one by one.

LF
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Asian bumblebees will eat smaller fishes, so it's not surprising that your guppies are being victimized. They are generally peaceful if kept with fishes of equal size or larger, which means that it should only be kept with fishes that are 6" or larger.
LostFisher

Post by LostFisher »

Thanks for letting me know, my LFS told me everything owuld be ok.... guess he was wrong.
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Post by FatCat »

Yep I would just put the bumblebee back home and and chalk the guppies up as fish food. That fish could get up to 8 inches so keep that in mind for its future tankmates.
SunflwrgrlS
Location 1: Henderson, NC

Post by SunflwrgrlS »

maybe he likes his guppies and do not want them to end up as "fishfood."
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Post by FatCat »

Those guppies should be honored to become food for a superior fish such as that :lol:

Return to “Asian Catfishes”