L128,info experiences and how many to buy?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

L128,info experiences and how many to buy?

Post by Kostas »

Hi,
I found 4 very beautiful L128 in my lfs today. I put them on hold for 24 hours so that i could decide how many to buy. But i want to ask for everyone's advice and experience with them before i do.
Are they overall territorial or they will do well with 3 Lasiancistrus sp,3 Scobinancistrus sp 6" , two sturisomas panamense,8 bronze corydoras and 4 parotocinclus maculicauda in a 100-43-56cm tank?

Thanks in advance.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

I think they would all do ok in the tank.. Basically four is good, bec. they look great when there in numbers :)
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:5)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Kostas,
What size are they? Mine have started getting pretty aggressive and the dominant male beats the other four all the time. Actually, I am thinking about getting rid of them because of this. They do not seem to become very aggressive until they reach about 8 inches. Not sure that the Sturisoma or Parotocinclus would compete with them as L-128 are big heavy fishes and do not like to share.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Kostas
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Hi,
They are all 6" and they chase each other all the time without doing any damage.They are at the LFS in a tank with 20 very small corydoras melanotaenia and they get on fine.They are really very powerfull creatures.When i was looking at one of them, he swam fastly and suck and threw one clay made flowerpot. :shock: Fortunatly the glass did not broke.
Thanks for the help.
Kostas

Post by Kostas »

Hi,
Finaly i didn't bought them because i don't like to see plecos with shreded fins and damaged eyes.

Thank you all for the help.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”