L66 injuries

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
amergim
My images: 1
My cats species list: 40 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Cincinnati

L66 injuries

Post by amergim »

I just found 2 of my L66 dead. I took some pictures to see if anybody has any suggestions as to why they died. There are some red spots on both of them. I tested the water yesterday an it was fine. And after I took the fish out of the tank, I did a 35% water change, just in case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the pics:

MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

Looks like it's been in a fight to me.

--
Mats
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Maybe...
What are the tank inhabitants?Did blood came out of the mouth or is there blood on the bag/place you putted the dead fish for some time?If the second is true,then your fish have some kind of internal problems,most probably internal bacteria...
amergim
My images: 1
My cats species list: 40 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Cincinnati

Post by amergim »

I forgot to mention those are two different fish. And I just got home and another two are showing the same symptoms. I thought they were also dead, but they were still breathing, so I moved them to a 10G tank. I don't think they'll make but at least I'll try.

The 75G has another L066, a L239, two L038, four L377, some cory trilineatus, rummynose and emperor tetras and some guppies. Only the L066 seems to be affected.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”