L104

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Pooks73
Location 1: NYC

L104

Post by Pooks73 »

i have a 2" L104 that i can't get to eat. i've given him live blackworms, live brine, cucumber, spirulina tabs, shrimp pellets, frozen mysis shirmp, sinking carnivore pellets, and algae tabs and he hasn't eaten a thing yet. it's only been a week, but i'm beginning to get concerned. anyone have any tricks to get it to eat? does it need wood? i've been treating for ick, although it seems that he's very resistant to being cured.

any help would be great...

amy
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Have you tried the garlic oil treatment? Search the forum....it's been discussed before.
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

Pooks!!

Yes, yes, yes, it needs wood! They are like little tiny chain saws! There are topics in here regarding the L204 too, but it would be extremely beneficial to get wood in there for him!!
Pooks73

Post by Pooks73 »

there's wood in the tank that he's going into, just none in his holding tank for the moment. i think i have a few small pieces around that i can thow into his holding tank for the time being.

i did a search for the garlic treatment, but i haven't been able to find much on it. it seems that i should soak some flakes in garlic oil and then feed him that?
Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

yes pooks send coelacanth a pm about this matter as hes tried this out or was it ian? well one of the two knows about dosing.
cheers
Christian
Pooks73

Post by Pooks73 »

thanks, i sent ian a pm, hopefully he'll know!

on the wood matter...has anyone ever tried Cholla Cactus Wood for plecs? i found some for cheap, but didn't know if i should bother with it.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

hi i seems that ur plac is stressed out cuz basically u have a bare tank as ur quarantine. This might be the cause why ur plac aint eating
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Pooks73

Post by Pooks73 »

it's not a bare tank that he's in. the tank has substrate, a cave for him to hide in, and now a small piece of driftwood. it's not that big of a tank, but it's okay until he goes into his new home, which won't be until i see him eat.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

yup dont put ur plec in the main tank unless he is n perfect condition, or ur old plecs could beat him up... gudluck man, hope ur plec will eat soon :)
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”