need an ID for this cory

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
stormhawk
Location 1: Western Singapore

need an ID for this cory

Post by stormhawk »

okay, got this unknown cory recently. looked through some websites and books but found no conclusive ID as to what it is, hope i can get some help as to ID-ing it. my initial guess was C. multimaculatus but i was proven wrong. the smudgy patterns on the rear end of the body really threw me off. any clues and leads as to what this cory is would be greatly appreciated. :D

fishes... simply irresistable :p
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Post by FatCat »

Corydoras cf. Lamberti (C09). The gold area on and behind the gill cover is a givaway in my opinion along with the black stripe through the head. Looks just like mine. Check it out in the E log might be a match.
stormhawk

Post by stormhawk »

FatCat, thanks for the reply but i think it's not C. lamberti. my fish lacks the dorsal spot and the spotting on the body is variable and scattered, not like C. lamberti, which has a regular spot pattern. One of the Japanese websites on corys lists this fish as a cross between C. osteocarus and C. 03 "deckeri".
SynoPetri
Location 1: Bairisch Kölldorf, Austria
Interests: athletics

Post by SynoPetri »

My first thought was also Corydoras cf. Lamberti.
Georg
stormhawk

Post by stormhawk »

SynoPetri, i viewed the pic of the lamberti and it doesn't correspond to the pattern on this fish. a friend of mine has a lamberti at home and i must say, it looks more like C. agassizii rather than this fish. Coryman, anyone? i need an ID for this fish. it's getting livelier everyday. digging alot in the sand substrate.
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

Personaly I think it is just a odd patternd C. loxozonus, there have been quite a number of these showing up lately. C. loxozonus are know to have a very variable colour pattern.

Ian

Return to “What is my catfish?”