questions on L114

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
catdoc
Location 1: southern Indiana

questions on L114

Post by catdoc »

I'm very interested in getting a leopard cactus, so I'm doing my research first. How well do they do with other plecos? (Specifically, a royal and/or L177?) Or how about in a community tank with angels, gourami, cories, and a whiptail? Should it be in a tank alone due to its territoriality? How big of a tank at adult size? What should I look for in a good fish? What's a fair price for one? I saw one today that seemed quite bold but his colors were a bit pale. It was about 3" long. As I approached the tank he was in, he put on quite a display for me! Very handsome! The other one in the tank with him was "hiding" in the corner with his fins clamped, not too happy from the looks of it.

I've already searched the forums, the cat-eLog, and the rest of planet catfish, but I'm looking for a bit more detail. Thanks! I want to do right for my fish, so I know I may need to wait until I get my new tank but figured I can use the time to prepare while I wait.

Christy
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

I think your L114 will do fine with a royal. I have a small L114 - about 4-1/2" and he is not so bossy yet, of course the royal is much larger than he is. As long as there is a nice cave for everyone, they will usually develop a pecking order and pick a cave. They must get aggressive when larger as I never see mine and right now, when he does come out my L200 is always bullying him!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”