hooray for a goldfish??

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

goldfish

Post by oneoddfish »

Tthat's pretty cool!!! but isn't it time to put the fish in a bag of water then into the freezer????How much longer can a gold fish live???I mean if this was temporary that would be great but won't he have to stay in the sling until he dies?
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
Bathos
I've donated: $20.00!
Location 1: USA, Pennsylvania
Interests: Corydoras and other freshwater fish

Post by Bathos »

feeding peas is common when goldfish gulp too much air and float on the surface constantly or when they're constipated. the peas clean out the digestive tract rather speedily. the long-term solution is usually to stop feeding floating foods, and/or stop feeding so much or feed more greens. swim bladder disorders could also be caused by infections (virual or bacterial) or injury (or geanetics, but i think that's usually seen in younger fish). if the problem was caused by something on the second list, i'm not sure if the goldfish would recover. hopefully, it's caused by air gulping or constipation and they can fix the problem fairly easily.
-Liz

Return to “Speak Easy”