should i buy it? need fast advice.

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
socom
Location 1: Michigan,USA

should i buy it? need fast advice.

Post by socom »

i think it to be a leopard cactus pleco. not sure it looks kinda like a leopard in the body, similar to a gibbi markings but has a white tail with a slight hint of pink. i think its a leopard. owner doesnt know what it is. hell be in tommorrow. hes asking 20$ for a 2"er is that decent? im gonna try to talk him down based on him not knowing what it is. so is it just juvi coloration? any other suggestions as to what it may be? the faster you lemme know the better.
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

How disappointed will you be if it turns out not to be a cactus?? If you won't mind, go for it!
socom

Post by socom »

really dont care. its cool looking. just hope it isnt a gibbi with a screwed up tail. im most likely gonna buy it so expect pics.
socom

Post by socom »

well, i got both of the 2"ers for 30$. im happy. kinda pale reds, but after a short while in my tank they should color right up.
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Have you got any pics yet? There are several fish they could be. The juvenile scarlets L25, we have at 3inch are very dark with not much in the way of red yet in caudal fin. Look forward to seing them.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”