The new M. tigrinus pics

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

The new M. tigrinus pics

Post by S. Allen »

:) just wanted to brag and show a few pics... He's just under a foot

The big picture

The close up of the face

The tail extensions
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

I can see some Peckoltia/Panaquolus in the background that are fairly small. You're not afraid your Tigrinus is going to have a snack someday?
I've known 16" Tigers (pseudoplatystoma's) to make a good meal of some halfgrown Ancistrus and a truckload of adult Corydoras (we made the -wrong- assumption that armoured cats should be safe...) and we lost a juvenile 3" Gibbiceps to a hungry full-grown Chaca at one time....
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

He's beautiful, how much did he cost you?
S. Allen
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

SG, Well, at this point they're about a third his size and have learned that big fish mean you should stay in the driftwood... I'm also planning a massive driftwood root system for one area of the tank, so they'll have lots of room. when he gets bigger I may remove them, but for now I'll play it by ear, if I see something missing I'll move them all.

Polkadot, he was a bit pricey, as it seems my tastes run in fish and booze both. $350 and then shipping from Lampy at Frybabies. Sharky at sharkaquarium is selling some for like $250, but they're only like 4 inches... I dunno, that's too small, and lampy's a great importer from my experiences.
TiGrInUs
Location 1: USA

Post by TiGrInUs »

Very nice tigrinus! Love them catfish! :P :D .
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

S Allen; I might be a bit more concerned if I were you; if he swallows one at night, and the pleco manages to lock its' pectoral spines, you have a dead pleco and a dead TIGRINUS!!!

wouldn't be the first time people lose huge and very expensive/hard to get Pims on this.....
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
S. Allen

Post by S. Allen »

SG. ok, I'll move the little ones, thanks for the advice.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

Wow! nyc tigrinus! and u also got it at a resonable price! In my part of the world there selling it at $380 at 3-4inches. =(
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”