Pics of my only current non-pleco catfish, the featherfin

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Pics of my only current non-pleco catfish, the featherfin

Post by S. Allen »

This is my 5 inch S. eupterus(at least that is what I bought him as). He normally has been very shy and a typical syno in the fact he likes to lay upside down under overhangs, prior to me adding this red tiger lotus, he would wedge himself(and I mean wedge, he's too fat to fit without work) up under the output/waterfall for one of my power filters, and then when food hit the water, descend, gliding like a potbellied batman to the bottom for food. He's really not afraid of anything outside the tank, just things above, so when i added the massive red tiger lotus he took to tucking himself inside the leaves, and then he took it on himself to unroot it, and make a happy topwater home for himself... it's now weighted, but with at least a few of the leaves reaching the surface, and he loves to just lay upside down under them. ;) I would've been mad about him unrooting the plant, but i found a baby tiger lotus runner, so I can't be mad...

mokmu
Location 1: Manila/Singapore
Interests: Fish, Food, 4x4

Post by mokmu »

That looks great Scott! So where are the other pl*co tanks? BTW, how does the S. Eupterus do with pl*cs anyway? I am afraid they grow too fast, too quickly. If I am not mistaken, Mojo has one that is 10". Whoa! :shock:
Cory_lover
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Location 1: Melbourne
Location 2: Australia
Interests: Corydoras fanatic

Post by Cory_lover »

my lfs keeps several synos in the tanks, and there were a couple of plecos in the same tank as well..well..the synos juzz finished the plecos...hahaa
I speak 12 languages fluently. English is my bestest. - Bush
SynoPetri
Location 1: Bairisch Kölldorf, Austria
Interests: athletics

Post by SynoPetri »

Nice pics, I Like S. eupterus very much!
Georg
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

No, the syno's the only catfish in that tank, although it's never seemed aggressive at all.

Return to “African Catfishes”