Pseudacanthicus leopardus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
JONATHAN
Location 1: NOTTINGHAM UK

Pseudacanthicus leopardus

Post by JONATHAN »

i have just got one of these little things on my travels and i love it , but it doesnt seem to be taking the catfish pelletsthe rest of my plec eat only some alge wafers every now and then. i can see it is very aggressive for one so small so i think i am going to have to make yet another cave in my tank for it :? does any of you have experiance with this species.

thanx for your help
jon
Thomas W
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Norway
Location 2: Norway
Interests: Loricariidae

Post by Thomas W »

Pseudacanthicus is one of the most aggresive loricariidae. My Scarlet (L-025) died beacause of not eating pellets. At that time I dident have Bloodworms so the fish died. Please learn it to eat, first with bloodworms an the pellets. Pseudacanthicus does not love pellets.

Greetings: Thomas Loricariidae Freak :D
Thomas Wiborg
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

leopard

Post by oneoddfish »

Try musterd green's and zuccini mine loves booth also frozen brine shrimp
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

I don't have that particular pleco, but my other pseudo's like meaty pieces of krill and of course zucchini!! Frozen seems to go over well also. Pellets are not a favorite for anyone in my tank either!
Thomas W

Post by Thomas W »

Suckermouth's dosent like Pellets. But you can learn them to eat it. This is dufficult. My L-290 Love it now and that fish is over 38cm
Thomas Wiborg
Caol_ila
My images: 53
Spotted: 23
Location 1: Mainz, Germany

Post by Caol_ila »

@thomas you shouldnt give generalized advice that might be completely wrong. If your Plecos dont eat pellets or tabs you should point that out and not tell people that "all" suckers dont eat them.
Youre L25 didnt die because "it doesnt eat pellets" but because you didnt take care of it the right way. First getting informed about its needs and second feeding it the way it needs to be fed.
cheers
Christian
Thomas W

Post by Thomas W »

Thats true. Most pleco's dont want to eat pellets at the first time. Put you can learn them to eat it. Thats my experience. :razz: :D
Thomas Wiborg

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”