Pseudocanthius Spinosus

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Thomas W
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Norway
Location 2: Norway
Interests: Loricariidae

Pseudocanthius Spinosus

Post by Thomas W »

I have now borrowed a Spinosus do someone have some experience with this fish?

:lol: And does anyone got Panaque Suttonorum I can get it for 200Euro

Greetings TW Loricariidae Freak
Thomas Wiborg
Thomas W
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Norway
Location 2: Norway
Interests: Loricariidae

Post by Thomas W »

Does
Thomas Wiborg
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Hi the ones I have had in the past have been fine as juveniles but aggresive in adult stages. The largest 1 I have had was 12inch inc caudal fin but most come in at around 2-3inch. They are very hardy and carry alot of armour. They do not like being with other Pseudo's and will fight until they inflict a lot damage. Other cats tend to give a wide berth but will be chased away from the fishes hide quite often. They eat most staple foods and like a wide mix of frozen varieties bloodworms krill etc. I have kept them in a range of water conditions from acidic through alkaline with no problems. As for temps they dont seem to fussy ,again wide range is tollerated. I would never go from one extreme to another though as this could harm them very quickly . If you can find a blue eyed panaque let us all know they are very difficult to get.
mokmu
Location 1: Manila/Singapore
Interests: Fish, Food, 4x4

Post by mokmu »

I have a six inch spinosus. He doesn't move much at all. Nobody goes near him, though. He only comes out during feeding time. Even the two other "toughies", the 5" vampire and 5" L24 Pseuda, veer away from him. The spinosus is sort of the quiet big guy in the tank. Loves everything even the off-the-shelf goodies like pellets and the like are eaten. I will be honest. I have never seen him touch a vegetable, though. But I do make some of my fish food with lots of pureed spinach, garlic and some fish fry and they eat it. Go figure... :?
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Tom I cant send you an email reply for some reason? Most of us think all cats are special but some have an aura about them this one is no exception lgr specimens are quite majestic as with all the members of its group.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”