leopard cactus pictures. L114. new aquisition.

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
socom
Location 1: Michigan,USA

leopard cactus pictures. L114. new aquisition.

Post by socom »

Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

Nice Pleco! I have one of those too, but I was told it is a Red Fin Sternella? It has the same markings and colorings, the store did not have an L number, maybe that is just another common name?
Cartman
Location 1: MN, USA

Post by Cartman »

Enough w/ Common names, this is Pseudacanthicus Leopardus. What would you lke to know about them? They've been bred, but this is very difficult to manage as they are very aggressive (for a Loricarid) once they reach maturity. Mine prefers meatier foods to veggies and will readily gorge himself on almost anything small enough to fit in his mouth. Read Ingo's lecture under ICOSA for further breeding info.
socom
Location 1: Michigan,USA

Post by socom »

what did you pay for yours and at what size?
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My aquaria list: 21 (i:13)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Vik wrote:Nice pl*co! I have one of those too, but I was told it is a Red Fin Sternella? It has the same markings and colorings, the store did not have an L number, maybe that is just another common name?
Stoneiella and sternella are old scientific names for this fish now in disuse. Although this is an L number, the fish been in the trade for decades.

Jools
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Post by Vik »

Socom

I paid $25 for mine at about 3" long. It is an aggressive little thing though, the only fish that he leaves alone is my L200, which is bigger than he is (for now).

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”