New Pareiorhina

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

New Pareiorhina

Post by Silurus »

Chamon, CC, AT Aranda & PA Buckup, 2005. Pareiorhina brachyrhyncha (Loricariidae: Siluriformes): a New Species of Fish from the Paraíba do Sul Slope of Serra da Mantiqueira, Southeastern Brazil. Copeia 2005: 550â??558.

Abstract

A new species of Pareiorhina is described from the Ribeirão Grande and adjacent drainages, in the left bank of the Rio Paraíba do Sul basin, in São Paulo State, southeastern Brazil. Pareiorhina brachyrhyncha is uniquely diagnosed among its congeners by the reduction or absence of azygous plates in front of the nuchal plate. It also differs from its congeners by the presence of a minute lateral cusp in the teeth, wider body, anterior and lateral profile of head rounded, broad distal profile of the paired fins, and lower number of vertebrae. The species is considered to be closely related to the sympatric P. rudolphi, based on the lack of azygous dorsal plates above the caudal peduncle.
mattc
Location 1: UK

Post by mattc »

Does anyone know if Pareiorhina brachyrhynca has been L-numbered?

Many thanks,
Matt
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »