looking for size on L-200

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
puddingskin

looking for size on L-200

Post by puddingskin »

I was looking for the size of adult L-200 and if anyone knows how well of an algea eater they are. Thanks alot.
puddingskin

one more thing

Post by puddingskin »

what seems to be a good going rate these days, and sorry I am from the US and I dont know the conversions, so if you do please help a guy out. Thanks again
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

hey there, I got mine for $35 or so, some places have them cheaper now... as to max size, no promises, but I'm thinking around 8 inches, maybe a bit more. And for algae eating, they're one of my better plecos at that... frequently out chomping on the glass or filter tubes. Can't tell you exactly how effective they are though
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

Hi we have had L200 cats in at 6inch but I beleive they can grow to 8-9. Prices in uk are always higher and 3-4 inch specimens can go for anything from £25-£35 around $37-$52. The L128 it very similar but has blue spots and is a little dearer.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”