Will my Bristlenose pair spawn again?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Allen Myers
Location 1: Jamestown, NY

Will my Bristlenose pair spawn again?

Post by Allen Myers »

Hello. Just wondering if my Bristlenose pair will spawn again with one week free-swimming bristlenose babies in the tank? There are about 25 babies in the tank that are growing really fast. The male is back in his cave and comes out to chase the female every 30 minutes or so. This is what he did right before she laid eggs the first time....are they getting ready to spawn again? Thanks for any info.

Allen
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

HI!

Yes no worries... it just take some times for the female to mature eggs but these are bredding like rabbits...

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Allen Myers
Location 1: Jamestown, NY

Post by Allen Myers »

Yann,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached a picture of the female with some of her babies. As you can see, she is quite heavy in the mid-section again. It has been 16 days since she last laid eggs. What is the typical time between spawnings? Thanks in advance.

Allen

Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

When I use to have a breeding trio of these, they use to spawn every month or so... you got another 14 days to wait...;-)

Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”