Lda-019

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Chill
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 14
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Bergen, Norway
Interests: Catfish L-Numbers

Lda-019

Post by Chill »

I have been offered some LDA-019 from a dealer in Sweden as a bonus. What I would like to know is if the picture in Aqualog shows the correct Pleco? I cant find much info on it on the web.

And is it a Hypancistrus or a peckoltia?
I love L-numbers
Janne
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 243
Spotted: 73
Location 2: Belém, Brazil

Post by Janne »

I am interested in that one too, they say it's a Hypancistrus but very difficult to find in the dealers. Mostly when I have seen one here it have been L129 instead that they call for LDA019. The picture in the Aqualog are showing the right species and I must agree that is a very beautiful one.
I'm also qurious how that dealer is that offering you LDA19, maybe he has some more that I can buy.

Janne
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Yes Chill, LDA19 is an Hypancistrus and the picture in the Aqualog is the correct picture.
I talk to Erwin Schraml about it a few weeks ago.
They are usually find in shipment of L129, they look quite the same but still seam to grow bigger than them. so it is probable that it would be a species on it own.
I suspect that several fish sold under Lda19 name are in fact the really L129, but becuase of the close colouration, Lda 19 make it more appealing for the hobbyist, as these really seam to be rare. Erwin said that he found once 2 LDA 19 in a shipment of 100 L129 ( by the time of the picture) and he only has come to see some again several weeks ago with 4 found in agaon in a L129 shipments!
The keeping, caring... are like for any other Hypancistrus spp!!!!
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”