L046 Tank Mates

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
BLACK DRAGON
Location 1: GREENOCK, SCOTLAND
Interests: RS OWNERS CLUB AND ZEBRA PLECS

L046 Tank Mates

Post by BLACK DRAGON »

I have two zebra plecs and the moment and am looking to purchase more with the aim of breeding them. I'd like to set-up a tank with this in mind with lots more customery caves and hiding places etc to make the zebras feel more secure. Some of the purpose designed tanks i have seen seem to look slightly bland when the zebras are all hiding and somewhat lifeless. At the moment the zebras are housed with a small shoal of neon tetras which really add life to the tank and really compliment the zebras striking appearance. I also feel that the zebras really do come more often since adding the neons. Do you think that in order to breed these fish successfully the neon tetras would have to be removed? Has anyone had any breeding success other than in a species only tank?

Any advice or pictures of successful breeder tanks would be gretly appreciated, thanks.
BLACK DRAGON
Location 1: GREENOCK, SCOTLAND
Interests: RS OWNERS CLUB AND ZEBRA PLECS

Post by BLACK DRAGON »

Any info welcomed
plecoboy
My cats species list: 9 (i:6, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:63)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: De Pere, WI
Interests: plecos

Post by plecoboy »

I just added Praecox Rainbows to my tank. I just got bored looking at a seemingly empty tank. However, they don't seem to like the power head too much. Check the catelog for more Zebra info. :D

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”