My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 2 June 2004

Post by Silurus »

June is upon us and (I guess depending on where you live) summer is virtually upon us. Hoorah! So, weâ??re in something of a good mood this month as we have a great CotM article from Heok Hee Ng on the Pearl Catfish, Mystus castaneus and weâ??ve finished off the second phase of the l-number page project.

The latter includes a feature you wonâ??t find anywhere else (until we get copied) that groups l-numbers by genus as well as by the tradition L1-L25 type pages. This bring the development work on these pages to a close for the next couple of months as I review all l-numbers (L1-L387) in light of recently published loricariid name changes by Jon Armbruster and with the help of the information rich DATZ species all l-numbers special issue.

Itâ??s unlikely thatâ??ll get completed this month, but if I get bored thereâ??s always the review of all Corydoras identifications on the site that Hans-Geog Evers has sent me.

We also had a great month on the donations front with over US$200 being donated by thoughtful folks who want to help with site running costs. This is boosted by the news that our web hosts are also upping our bandwidth and disk space allowances quite considerably, so a few things that were far away on the technology horizon come within grasp. Also on the commercial side, we hope to secure another site advertiser / sponsor, so if you see an new ad on the screen, please click through and visit our sponsors site. All clicks help Planet Catfish!

Return to “Site Announcements”