Members Picture Gallery

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
BK
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Wisconsin

Post by BK »

???, you can post pictures in the forums about different cats and of tanks in tank talk. if your talking about picture hosting there are plenty of free hosting sites out there and them you just use "[img]adress[/img]" to insert them into posts.

this is similar to http://forum.planetcatfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=5672 posted just days ago
Power To The Pl*cos
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My aquaria list: 21 (i:13)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

All~

It's too expensive to allow unrestricted posting of images to the forum or indeed to a gallery type thing. Should our diskspace quotas change considerably (and they do go up all the time), I will change this but in the meantime they need to be hosted elsewhere.

If we were to allow image posting direct into the forum then I would HAVE to switch on autopruning which automatically and continually deletes older posts to keep space usage at a reasonably constant level.

Jools
clothahump
Location 1: Deepest Darkest Dorset UK

Post by clothahump »

steez138, before I was removed as admin on this site (for no good reason) I used to offer free space for the Planetcatfish members, I now offer restricted space at fff.corydorasworld.com
If truth was told, space on the internet costs very little, some people are just greedy.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

In relation to this I received this PM...
Tim wrote:Due to Rusty's childish behaviour Jools I am seriously considering locking the Gallery I provided for Planet Catfish Members, just what is his problem with me???
You know the thing that really gets me is that no one here is brave enough to tell me what the problem is/was that got me removed from the admin position, it hurts me deeply the fact that I helped you set this up and then get shot down like a piece of shit.
I have chatted with various members from here about it and even some of your top moderators/experts are totally bemused about it and agree I did nothing to deserve what I got in return for helping a person I classified as a friend.
I replied stating that Tim was removed from his admin position becuase he didn't fit in with group dynamics.This is a forum not a creche. I also offered that he send the gallery as is on CD and I will host it. I'm not best pleased with being called greedy mind you, heh, that's just not true!

Jools
Last edited by Jools on 25 Apr 2004, 08:41, edited 2 times in total.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Tim wrote:That is different from what you said before, at least now I have the truth, it was not complaints from other members, I was warned by others not to get involved with you, I should have listened.
Will probably not bother coming back very often if I am a thorn in your side, even Shane could not work out what I had done to deserve being treated the way I was.
I would still like to know the exact reasoning behind my removal, what did I do so wrong.

Rusty deleted a thread about Members Photo Gallery that I replied to pointing out there was one but it has now been replaced with http://www.fff.corydorasworld.com
He claimed my factual reply was inflamatory.
Lifes too short to be such an asshole and he has most of his to face yet, with that attitude he could end up a very lonely person.
Tim,

My reply was that is was my ultimate decision to remove your admin status, this was based upon feedback from many incidents and your attitude to the moderation team. Anyway, I don't like all the clandestine PMs and all. Let's just talk it out in the open.

I look forward to your reply.

Jools

Return to “Speak Easy”