new forum: tip offs?!

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: Bristol
Location 2: UK

new forum: tip offs?!

Post by racoll »

just a small idea. kind of an extention of the buy and sell page really. perhaps a forum where if you see some interesting fish at a shop you can let others that might be interested to know about it.

eg.

four L273 titanicus at the goldfish bowl, oxford, uk for £40 each.

(they actually do have some at the moment, and they had one L046 zebra a few weeks ago!)

does anyone think this would be worthwhile?
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

I think it could be a good idea, but the tentation for shop owner and advertise for free would be very high and would also generate a big flood in messages and I guess use a lot of space only to give information to a small number of people...
So I guess there are more lows than highs...
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: Bristol
Location 2: UK

Post by racoll »

yeah, it might be hard to stop it being abused, and it would soak up some of the server space. i naively thought about people using it sensibly and only for rare or unusual fish. it could be really valuable to find out what fish are available in your area though. i've seen really nice unusual fish in some really horrible shops at knockdown prices and haven't been able buy them or tell anyone about them! i dread to think where they've gone!
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My aquaria list: 21 (i:13)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

The wanted or for sale forum can, and is, be used for this purpose in a limited capacity. Shops are allow to post but not spam or heavily or repetitvly post.

If you find me a shop who is willing to change their stocklist on a daily basis, I might go further...

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”