Information required on L280

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Dorad
My articles: 12
My images: 69
Spotted: 50
Location 1: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Interests: Catfish of all sizes. My main interests are with South American species although I do have a number of African species including Synodontis

Information required on L280

Post by Dorad »

I was wondering if anyone has experience of keeping L280, and if you could let me have any information about this catfish?

Regards

Dorad :D
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Well this is very starnge about this fish as you just won't find many thing about him even picture are hard to find!
I remember Shane having wriiten a liitle thing down when it was introduce to the hooby but this has disappear from the site!
To add more the society that imported the fish did not put any picture of the fish thing that it usually do
The only bit of info that I have is what was published in DATZ magazine the month it was presented.
The body shape make people remember at Pseudacanthicus because of the Odontodes present on the body. But they estimated that the maximum size should be arond 7cm , which make him way to small to be put in the genus Pseudacanthicus. it could be a member of genus such as Peckoltia or Hypancistrus¨. Finally the specimen seem to have been caught in the upper Rio Orinoco.
Still it is possble that L280 is a rather very young Pseudacanthicus and L280 would be just the juvenil phase of an already existing other L#!
Hope it will help!
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 275
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!
well I was able to glane some more information.

Obviously the fish do not grow larger than 6-7cm long and look very much like an Hypancistrus sp, in fact could be called a dwarf version of Hypancistrus inspector

So housing and feeding should be done in the same way you will do for the members of the genus Hypancistrus
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
Dorad
My articles: 12
My images: 69
Spotted: 50
Location 1: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Interests: Catfish of all sizes. My main interests are with South American species although I do have a number of African species including Synodontis

L280 Information

Post by Dorad »

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the information at least I now have soimething to go by.

Regards

Dorad :D

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”