Filter query

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
mitch
Location 1: London/Kent, England

Filter query

Post by mitch »

I am going to need too upgrade my filter system on my 300 gallon tank later this year.
I have been looking at the big eheim filters, but they are very pricey.
A friend of mine has a 1000g+ pond which he uses a high presure pond filter and has never had any problems with his pond.
Could i possibly get away with something like this with my tank???
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:5)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Mitch,
Let me know what you do. I have been thinking for years that a good pond filter would work well for a big tank or connected to a system of smaller tanks. The Tetra ClearChoice filter that they rate for a 1,500 gallon pond only runs about US $80.00. Add a good powerhead or water pump, and you should have a serious filter set up for under $100.00
To me, this seems like it might be a good choice for raising big Panaque and the like.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
mitch

Post by mitch »

Shane,

I wont be doing it for a while because i have been advised against it, well people have said that "it could do the trick but I wouldn't advise it."
But noboby has said why. I personaly cant see why not but i am not an expert.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Has anybody tried this already???
Crazie.Eddie
Location 1: Illinois

Post by Crazie.Eddie »

Post the same question at http://www.aquariumpros.com. They also setup large tanks for clients and can tell you exactly if it might work or not and their reason.

Return to “Tank Talk”