Waste--High Versus Low

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Waste--High Versus Low

Post by Taratron »

I've been told that most cories are low waste producers.

However, are some more waste-productive than others? IE, would a school pygmy cories, due to their tiny size, have less effect on a bioload than, say, a school of bronze cories?
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Fish Demon
Location 1: SF Bay Area
Interests: I keep lots of fish, but I am really interested in catfish (especially corys).

Post by Fish Demon »

Well, I have always read that for their size, corys produce a fairly large amount of waste. This is true for most types of catfish.

And yes, the smaller the cory, the less waste they will produce. A school of 10-15 full grown pygmy corys would have less effect on the bioload than say a school of 5-6 full grown bronze corys.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
-Natalie

April 20, 2001

Q: How tall is Cartman in real life?

A: Well, Cartman doesn't exist in real life, but if he did he'd be two feet tall.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”