L 355-357

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Mika
Location 1: Helsinki,Finland

L 355-357

Post by Mika »

L-numbers: Harnischwelse from Pará Also in this month we can present again new l-numbers.

Transfish imported three aquaristisch new Loricariiden from the Brazilian Federal State Pará. The grundfaerbung of L 355 varies depending upon tendency of the fish from brown to grey. The black worm line sample at the head and the black design between the bone plates are remarkable. The Ancistrus kind was found in the Rio Tocantins in the proximity of the city Marabá. The largest imported animals had an overall length of ten centimeters.

From the Ilha de Marajó, who lies in the Amazon delta and covers an about as large surface as Switzerland, come L 356. With its high body the kind reminds of the representatives of the kind Cochliodon; a view into the muzzle betrays however that it concerns a Hypostomus kind. The imported animals had lengths between five and 20 centimeters. One can probably assume this Harnischwelse exceeds the 30-Zentimeter-Marke. Their feeding is unproblematic, since they assume all usual fodder places.

With a very pretty Ancistrus kind we have to do it with L 357. The body of this on Marajó living Loricariiden is brown and with a dark-brown netzmuster covered likewise; all fins against it are gebaendert. With gestressten animals the netzmuster can disappear, and they appear uniformly dark-brown. The imported copies were approximately five centimeters long, might however a final size of ten to twelve centimeters reach. ***
L 355
L 356
L 357
Well i wish i was a catfish
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea (Muddy Waters, Catfish blues)
Mika
Location 1: Helsinki,Finland

Post by Mika »

Well i wish i was a catfish
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea (Muddy Waters, Catfish blues)

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”