illness vs catfish

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
windgirl
Location 1: Canada
Interests: windsurfing, and water anything.

illness vs catfish

Post by windgirl »

After the episode of tank frustration and learning about cycles. I've don't a many number of things to help the tank along. I even added a hand full of gravel from a healthy astablish tank (the 30G) ... learned the trick from a web site artical.

Now, One of my guppies died and another has come down with a (I believe) stress related illness. Everyone (the bushynose pl*co, cories and other guppies) is not themselves. The bushynose once in a while jumps, and is mostly frantically sucking at everything. His fins are up, unlike when I had the ammonia troubles. In the guppie book it says to up the temp. Which I felt safe enough doing, but I feel I should be treating the tank with medication too, not sure what, but I have some NOX-ICH which treats white spot and velvet (I read velvet looked like dull or cloudy skin and that it was itchy).

Is velvet the problem? Is NOX-ICH going to be ok with the bottom feeders (does it work with them too??). Or am I off base on the problem.
30G - 4 common goldies (Neil Pryde, Jimmy Lewis and the twins) and 1 common pl*co (shark)
<O)>>< Building a web site with my other tanks and more info.

Return to “Tank Talk”