Erethistidae relationships

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Erethistidae relationships

Post by Silurus »

Diogo, R, M Chardon, P Vandewalle, 2003. Osteology and myology of the cephalic region and pectoral girdle of Erethistes pusillus, comparison with other erethistids, and comments on the synapomorphies and phylogenetic relationships of the Erethistidae (Teleostei: Siluriformes). Journal of Fish Biology 63: 1160-1175.

Abstract
The cephalic and pectoral girdle structures of the erethistid Erethistes pusillus (Erethistinae) are described and compared with those of another species of the subfamily Erethistinae, namely Hara filamentosa, and of the single species of the subfamily Continae, Conta conta, as well as of several other catfishes, as the foundation for a discussion on the synapomorphies and phylogenetic position of the Erethistidae. The observations and comparisons support de Pinna's phylogenetic hypothesis, according to which the Erethistidae is the sistergroup of the Aspredinidae, with the clade formed by these two families being the sistergroup of the Sisoridae sensu stricto. In addition, the observations and comparisons pointed out a new, additional character to diagnose the family Erethistidae, namely: mesocoracoid arch deeply bifurcated dorsally.
Mika
Location 1: Helsinki,Finland

Post by Mika »

The journal is selling articles at "cheap" price of 30e a piece :shock:
Well i wish i was a catfish
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea (Muddy Waters, Catfish blues)
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

If you can get access at an institutional subscriber (like I do), then it's free.
Mika
Location 1: Helsinki,Finland

Post by Mika »

That`s the problem.
Well i wish i was a catfish
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea (Muddy Waters, Catfish blues)

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”