idiots at work

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
MackIntheBox
Location 1: Dallas, TX

idiots at work

Post by MackIntheBox »

they just changed the water in the ten gallon tank here at work, not sure what they put the fish in while they were thoroughly cleaning the tank and filter (like scrubbing!) but they were removed, the tank emptied and cleaned then they poured the tap water, with a conditioner or so they say, and put the fish back. there are 2 common plecos, 2 fish of unknown type, 1 neon tetra and 1 generic looking fish (looks similar to the tetra). the "Shark" that was in there has already died, the 2 tetra like fish are laying on the bottom breathing heavy. the neon was swimming around but is now just lying there. not sure how long they have left. is there anything I can do or are they too far gone? wish I knew more about what kinda fish they actually were :( the 2 common plecos and the 2 larger fish are swimming around and even eating so they appear ok, I will be watching them.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
The Doctor (Robot, 1974/5)
TheSlackersLounge Home for Slackers ;)
SLAP, SLAP, SQUISH! (Penny-Arcade)
MackIntheBox

Post by MackIntheBox »

well ive gotta go home, I will have a friend here check tomorrow to see if they are any better.
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 15
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Post by Barbie »

OH! That's terrible! It sounds like the fish were shocked from the drastic change :( Hopefully the ones that managed to stay alive this long will make it, but now they are looking at the same situation you were, with a potentially uncycled tank if they truly DID clean all the surfaces and filters.

Geez, I'm going to change my signature, that's it....

I saw this quote, and its so fitting "We have enough youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?

Barbie
MackIntheBox

Post by MackIntheBox »

really too bad, poor guys. Im gonna have to ask to take car of the tank from now on, lol

im keeping an eye on the remaining fish, they seem ok

Return to “Tank Talk”