Calico BN Breeders & Halfbeaks

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
Jackster
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: WI

Calico BN Breeders & Halfbeaks

Post by Jackster »

I have some sweet 2" F1 Halfbeaks (Nomorhamphus ebrardtii) available.
The price is $20 per sexed pair or $80 for 10 random fish. The F1s are
a very tough healthy fish, easy to spawn, and they will eat any food you
throw in your tank.

I also have some very nice 2"-3" Calico Bristlenose (standard fin) breeders
available for $40 per sexed pair or $60 per sexed trio 1M/2F. The majority
of these Calico plecos are proven breeders except for a couple younger females.

Other Ancistrus Available:

Brown SF 1" $2
Brown LF 1" $3
ABN (standard fin) 1" $4
Albino LF 1" $5
TR L144 1" $5
F2 Ancistrus L213 1.5" $14

FedEx or USPS Express Mail provides the buyer with a live arrival guarantee.
USPS Priority Mail is at the buyer's risk. Absolutely no refunds on any shipping fees.
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Re: Calico BN Breeders & Halfbeaks

Post by apistomaster »

Hey Jackster,
Have a question about the L213 Ancistrus. After looking them up, I see the adult size is said to be only 3.9 inches.
Is that size accurate in your experience? If so, I am kind of interested since most of the white spotted Ancistrus seem to grow a little larger than I want to keep. I like smaller Plecos, not over 4 inches generally. I need to find and try some Ancistrus claro again. I lost 8-1 inch juveniles I tried a few years ago. They never seemed to grow for me and they all gradually died out.
I'm more than burnt out on common Ancistrus cf cirrhosus.

I know I am a little color blind but I found the red print was nearly impossible for me to read.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
Jackster

Post by Jackster »

Sorry about the orange text but it's my trademark.

I have many black (with white spots) Ancistrus species and most reach a max of about 5".
I have some fantastic wild L213 that are around 3" currently but I'm not sure how large
they will end up as little information is available. I also have F2 juveniles and F1 breeders
of what were sold to me as L213 but they are not the same as the wild L213 I recently
purchased. If you're looking for something cool I have a nice selection of wild L180 as well.
I know the F1, F2 L213 are very closely related to the wild L180 and the people who spawned
these very same fish have reported that the dominant males are all about 5" (so far). I have
another species which I bought as Ancistrus "Snowflake" and they have a smaller adult size
of what I believe to be 4". If you like LDA08 then that's what I would really consider a dwarf
species (max about 3"). You're also in luck since I have at least a dozen F1 proven breeders
which I recently landed. I offered pairs for sale at $75 each with no takers but I'm firm on the
price, since LDA08 are almost impossible to find, let alone proven breeders. Anyway I'm keeping
some of the Ancistrus claro for myself and if people don't want to pay my price, no worries, I'll
just keep them. tup Just remember the golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules. :cheers:
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

As someone raising quantities of L134 I know something about having the gold.
I have to send out some fish today but I'll get back to you if I decide to get some A. claro. I would be cool with only raising them and no other Ancistrus spp. Hope you still have some when I decide if I want them soon.
Thanks for getting back to me soon. I did not expect the A. claro to come up.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
Jackster

Post by Jackster »

I'm in no hurry (I never am) and I would much prefer to sell some of the LDA08 to an
experienced breeder, which would give others a chance to buy some fry down the road.
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
leej24
My cats species list: 24 (i:2, k:0)
Location 2: Wisconsin

Post by leej24 »

HI Jackster,

Thanks for the calicos and the extras! I'm new to plecos and jackster did a more than thorough job of teaching me the basics of keeping the plecos I got from him alive. Plus he gave much lots of extras and I won't tell you what he gave me, you'll have to find out for yourself if you plan on getting some from him. Great person to deal with and very well educated on his plecos in general. Great selection of plecos to choose from, especially the LDAO8 plecos, BEAUTIFUL! I will go do more homework before I get those from him, but they sure are next on my list of plecos to buy from Jackster. Thanks again and I will be seeing you soon.

leej24
leej24
My cats species list: 24 (i:2, k:0)
Location 2: Wisconsin

Post by leej24 »

Hey Jackster,

I just wanted to let you know that the calicos I bought from you already spawned. Thanks,
Jackster

Post by Jackster »

Well that's a good thing! tup
Of coarse it's hard to believe that they spawned so fast since I was once told that I only sell junk.
:screwy:
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
nvcichlids
My images: 6
My cats species list: 44 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:279)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Milwaukee, WI
Location 2: Waimate, New Zealand

Post by nvcichlids »

:shock: How much would shipping be bud to my zipcode (53186)? I am interested in the L181's (or did you say L180's) and also longfin/albino long fin bristlenose, along with the TR L144's
What's your favorite Dressing~~
Jackster

Post by Jackster »

Shipping to your location is $15 either Speedy Delivery, Inc. or UPS Ground (buyer's choice.)
I have a few ABN LF that are big enough to ship and plenty of L144 (both $4 @ 1" until July 1st).
If you wish to place an order please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
nvcichlids

Post by nvcichlids »

I'll be in contact shortly. My brother wants quite a few!
Jackster

Post by Jackster »

Sorry, a person from Minnesota placed an order today for all the remaining ABN LF that
are large enough to ship. I have more growing out but the demand is very high and they
sell as fast as I can get them up to one inch. The guy who runs my LFS also comes to my
house every 3 weeks for a box of mixed Bristlenose so if your wanting anything I would
suggest placing an order before he returns. BTW I'll be shipping on Monday and Tuesday
of next week. I'm also in the "clean out" mode to make much needed tank space for more
wild plecos, so the push is on to sell a bunch of nice fish. In other words, if the fish I want
to move don't sell quickly, then they're likely going to be sold to the LFS because I don't have
time to wait around. Hope that all makes sense. Thanks!
"The Jackster"
Need Bristlenose?
nvcichlids

Post by nvcichlids »

Thats cool. we will keep in contact to check in in the near future. I am 100% in agreeance with getting them out fast. I have roughly 1000 gymnogeophagus el norte fry that I need out because I have roughtly 2500 free swimmers that have hatched in the past 2 days (4 females laid eggs.) God are they great parents, I need to find them a good home though :( Just don't interest me as much anymore.

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”