What should I feed my juvenile starlight

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ikan
Location 1: Australia

What should I feed my juvenile starlight

Post by ikan »

I have some juveniles starlight catfish, they are about 8 weeks old. I house them in 140 liters tanks with plants and strong light. The plants are placed in ceramic pots for easy cleaning. The filtration is with Eheim canister 2213 600 ltrs/hours. The temperature is 26 Celcius.
I feed them with Hikary sinking wafer, JBL pleco wafer and occasionally tetra tabimin and blood worms. The growth seems to be slow and they are not to eager going for the food. Am I missing something with their diet requirements. Can anybody suggest what I should feed them with? The first few weeks I only feed them with tetra tabimin.
Also I noticed with the first batch not all of them are normal straight shape, I am not sure what caused this. The second batch look much better.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

hi feeding them those types of food is fine adn It is great for the diet of the fish.. Try feeding it with zuchinni, squash, shrimps, bloodworms, etc. :)
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Bilby junior
Location 1: Melbourn, Australia

Post by Bilby junior »

Hello Ikan,
I feed mine with Pumpkin, Celery and zuchinni. Try just about any fresh vegetables available, which should have heaps of nutrients and all the goodies that they need.

Regards,
B.J.
ikan
Location 1: Australia

starlight

Post by ikan »

I think I'll start feeding them vegetables maybe they need more food variety.
Thanks guys

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”